Lynn M. Bodden-Smatt achieved a Bachelor of Law Degree with Honours from the University of Liverpool, Cayman Islands Branch, in 1994 and in 1995 she achieved a Professional Practice Certificate from Queen’s University of Belfast. Lynn possesses over twelve years experience in Corporate and Trust Law. She specializes in Real Estate, Corporate, Licensing and Immigration Law.
Lynn joined Ian Boxall & Co. (later Boxalls) as a Law Clerk and in 1994 and after having her daughter, Kaylyn, she decided to pursue a career in Trust and Corporate Law. She was offered employment with Citco Trust Company (Cayman Islands) Limited where she was an Assistant Trust Lawyer. In 1997 her boss was offered employment at ATC Trustees (Cayman) Limited and he recruited her for the Trust Manager at ATC Trustees (Cayman) Limited. She employed for over four years at ATC Trustees until she joined Sherri Bodden at Bodden Corporate Serves in 2001 and together they founded Bodden & Bodden Attorneys-at-Law in September 2002.
Lynn is a Notary Public in the Cayman Islands who has served on several Statutory and non-Statutory Boards:
- Currently she is the deputy Chairman of the Liquor Licensing Board.
- She is a Member on the Trade & Business Licensing Board.
- She sits on the Liquor Licensing Law Review Committee.
- She served as a Member on the Miss Cayman Committee.
- Current Member of the Cayman Islands Bar Association
- Current Member of Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners (STEP).
- She has served as a Member of the Cayman Islands Law Student’s Society.
- She is also one of the founding members of the Rotaract Club of Grand Cayman
- Honoury member of the Overseas’ Students Association, (later Cayman Islands Students Association) having served various positions on the Board.
- Lynn is also currently one of the Trustees of the Meg High Children’s Cancer Foundation which is a charitable Trust benefiting children with cancer.